Testing Interview Question asked at Oracle Corporation: What do you do if Developer not accepting your bug?
This was the interview question asked atCorporation to a Engineer:
What do you do if Developer not accepting your bug?
This question is mainly to test you patience, planning and approach towards an issue in the team or organization. Act smartly to answer this question. As per our experience and analysis, we are proving the answer to best of our knowledge.
The scenario is, you logged a bug and assigned to developer, developer came back saying its not a bug and we are not going to fix this one. What’s your reaction then? You strongly believe that its a bug and need to be fixed.
If you strongly believe that its a bug, then first collect all the information like Screenshots, log files and etc.. information. And follow any of the procedure below…
- Give him all the proofs you collected like screenshots and log files
- If possible give him the remote of your machine and ask him to check at your end
- Explain him the scenario of why its important and where it will be used by end users
- Try to convince him and get that bug fixed
- Send all the information along with the proofs to your manager.
- Narrate all the stuff you faced along developer response.
- Call your manager to your work cabin and explain him the situation and show all the proofs
- Ask your manager to followup the issue as he know the importance of it now
What ever may be the issue, communication should be cool and in positive way with the developer and the manager too. Finding bug is your responsibility, fixing and all depends on your manager and developer communication.
So be cool and make sure that the communication is in positive way always. With this answer you can impress your interviewer.
- Software Testing Interview Questions at Imediapoint @ Oct 2010
- Software Testing Interview Questions at Valuelabs @ Oct 2010
- Software Testing Interview Questions & Answers at Unithink India
- What Makes Your Bug Report PERFECT?
- Software Testing Interview Questions at Alliance Global Services @ Oct 2010