Specifying the Record and Run Settings in QTP to Test Web Applications
Before you initiate a record session, you need to set the record and run settings for thethat you want to .
To set the record and run settings:
- From the QuickTest Professional menu bar, select AUTOMATION ? RECORD AND RUN SETTINGS. The RECORD AND RUN SETTINGS dialog box appears. displays the RECORD AND RUN SETTINGS dialog box.
- Click the WEB tab. (The WEB tab is available only if you check the WEB check box in the MANAGER dialog box.)
- Select any one of the following
– RECORD AND RUN TEST ON ANY OPEN BROWSER: Enables QuickTest to record a test in Internet Explorer and run the test on any supported Web browser.
– OPEN THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS WHEN A RECORD OR RUN SESSION BEGINS: Enables QuickTest to automatically open a new browser session to record and run the test using the specified URL address.
Note: As a best practice, before you starton a browser, close other browsers and applications and set the record and run settings.
Similar Posts: QTP Lessons