QTP Interview Questions
- If I give some thousand tests to execute in 2 days what do u do? – Adhoc testing is done. It Covers the least basic functionalities to verify that the system is working fine.
- What does it mean when a check point is in red color? what do u do? – A red color indicates failure. Here we analyze the cause for failure whether it is a Script Issue or Environment Issue or a issue.
- What is in ? – Using the Object Spy, you can view the properties of any object in an open application. You use the Object Spy pointer to point to an object. The Object Spy displays the selected object’s hierarchy tree and its properties and values in the Properties tab of the Object Spy dialog box.
- What is the file extension of the code file & file in ? – Code file extension is.vbs and object repository is.tsr
- Explain the concept of object repository & how recognizes ? – Object Repository: displays a tree of all objects in the current component or in the current or entire (depending on the object repository mode you selected). We can view or modify the test object description of any test object in the repository or to add new objects to the repository. Quicktest learns the default property values and determines in which test object class it fits. If it is not enough it adds assistive properties, one by one to the description until it has compiled the unique description. If no assistive properties are available, then it adds a special Ordinal identifier such as objects location on the page or in the source code.
- What are the properties you would use for identifying a browser & page when using descriptive programming? – Name would be another property apart from title that we can use.
- Give me an example where you have used a COM interface in your project? – com interface appears in the scenario of front end and back end. for eg:if you r using as back end and front end as or any language then for better compatibility we will go for an interface. of which COM will be one among those interfaces. Create object creates handle to the instance of the specified object so that we program can use the methods on the specified object. It is used for implementing Automation(as defined by Microsoft).
- Explain in brief about the Automation Object Model. – Essentially all configuration and run functionality provided via the Quick Test interface is in some way represented in the Quick Test automation object model via objects, methods, and properties. Although a one-on-one comparison cannot always be made, most dialog boxes in Quick Test have a corresponding automation object, most in dialog boxes can be set and/or retrieved using the corresponding object property, and most menu commands and other operations have corresponding automation methods. You can use the objects, methods, and properties exposed by the Quick Test automation object model, along with standard programming elements such as loops and conditional statements to design your program.